Saturday, June 29, 2013

Non tourists in Amsterdam

We have just spent almost a week in Amsterdam with Aliya:) luckily we didn't have any rain and we used every day to do some sightseeing. Having been here before helps me since I am not way too excited about seeing and I can do activities which are right for Aliya such as the Zoo. Everywhere we go she sees things in a different way. Yesterday we went to Rijksmusem and Van Gogh museum but she enjoyed most the park at the front and putting her feet in the water. I loved it too:)) just love the fact we do the things which are not touristic simply because we are with a 2-year old. She eats chips and mayo (without the mayo) every night for dinner not because there are no other options. just our hotel has the best chips:) 
We visit playgrounds and parks in the area we hang out. She plays with other kids all the time and we have a schedule around her eating and sleeping time. 
We shop from the supermarket her already favourite juices and pudding. 
We went on a boat on the weekend through the canals and loved it. She talks every day about it. We visited friends on the weekend and enjoyed it too. We missed the train a few times as well.
I just saw Amsterdam from the eyes of a normal family rather than the touristic version .

No comments:

Post a Comment