Friday, March 8, 2013

Connection

Last weekend we traveled to visit my mom while my husband is on a longer trip. If I count the flights for my child since birth it is probably more than the required. But any time we travel it is such a bonding experience both when we travel and in Bulgaria. Yesterday my mom got sick and she couldn't take care of Aliya as planned. Aliya and I spent a lot of time together . It is then that I realize I haven't done this for a while. As much time as I have I do spend it with her but always doing something else such a cleaning or cooking after work or simply finishing some emails. Or weekends we are with my husband as well and we do not spend quality daughter-mommy time as we used to. I love her first year exactly because of these cool and enriching moments with her, moments when you feel someone loves you endlessly and trusts you for everything. I love the time I was taking a walk with Aliya in her car and we go shopping for groceries or just playing in the gardens in the compound we live in or hanging out at our coffee place in Plovdiv. I realize how with work you get completely sucked up in a swirl where you think you manage it all but it is totally not what you want or what you need. You really cannot shine everywhere as the saying goes. Sometimes some parts you will drop them but you have to pick them up before they break. I hope we never break this connection with Aliya. I really feel her sometimes as my soul sister or maybe this is my definition of pure love:)

No comments:

Post a Comment